Week-long series of workshops, open to all, are offered at Carleton University in February, June, and October of each year. Depending on the demand, one-off workshops may also be scheduled. In-house training and customizable workshops are also available.
Topics include: data science, data visualization, statistical analysis, big data analysis, Bayesian analysis, time series analysis, and much more. Please consult the Workshop Catalogue for details.
Keep up-to-date with upcoming events and workshops by signing up for our mailing list.
Career Development for
Faculty of Science Graduate Students
Reading Week - Winter 2017
2017 Winter CQADS Workshop Series
February 27, 2017 to March 1, 2017
- Introduction to Analytics: Preparing and Visualizing Data
- Mining for Information Gold: Data Science Concepts
- Simple Data Science: Exploring Data with R
- Getting Technical: Data Science Methods
- Hands-on Data Discovery: Data Analysis with R
Descriptions are available in the Workshop Catalogue.
$1800 + HST per participant
- free parking
- daily coffee, snacks, and lunch
- dinner on February 27th
- course materials
- 1-week access to the workshop R Notebooks on the CQADS server
A limited number of fellowships are available to the Carleton community.
For more information, please refer to the 2017 Winter Workshop Flyer.
Registration for this workshop is now closed. It will be offered again in October 2017.