CQADS can help you formulate and answer the questions that shape your research, planning, and business activities.
The Centre for Quantitative Analysis and Decision Support (CQADS) opened its doors in 2013. A joint initiative of the Faculty of Science and of the School of Mathematics and Statistics at Carleton University, CQADS offers a variety of analytical services to its clients on a cost-recovery basis.
The ideal decision-making environment is rarely met as decision-makers are often faced with an excess or scarcity of data. While tradition and instinct may provide adequate guidance in certain cases, the nature and complexity of others require deeper scrutiny.
CQADS is built on the proposition that the best decisions are those backed by evidence. Our consultants harness the strength and flexibility of quantitative methods to support our clients and communities.
- Provide consulting services and share our expertise while solving real-world and academic problems
- Provide funding, training, and experience for graduate students and postdoctoral researchers
- Facilitate collaborations through crossdisciplinary research involving mathematics and statistics
- Stimulate the dissemination of quantitative research through short courses and seminars
- Statistical Analysis
- Experimental design & implementation
- Data analysis & interpretation
- Data Science and Analytics
- Predictive modelling
- Big Data mining
- Questionnaire design
- Sampling design
- Sample size & allocation
- Operations Research
- Numerical analysis
- Stochastic Analysis
- Stochastic modelling
- Performance evaluation
- Queueing networks
- Short sessions
- Learning materials
- Business intelligence
- Analyses of risk
- Impact and benefit-cost
- Specialized Programming
- Expert testimony
- Newsletters and Blog Articles
- LaTeX typesetting
Postdocs, graduate students, Faculty members, staff at Carleton and other academic institutions
Individuals, businesses and private companies
Departments, agencies, organizations at all levels of public administration
Hospitals, firefighting and rescue services, schoolboards, NGOs, NPOs, charities, etc.